Article content continued
Hargrave said he was just worried about the house.
“You know hindsight is 20/20 and now I wish I hadn’t gone but you know we felt at the time our home there was vacant 10 months and probably going to be vacant another 10 months or a year and we should sell it before something happens to it, like somebody breaks-in,” he said Friday.
Hargrave refuted the NDP’s contention that he was on a holiday and said he did not appreciate the misinformation spread around about his family on social media.
“It just gets carried away as to what I was up to, that my whole family was down there and we were partying,” he said.
“We (Hargrave and his wife) isolated the whole time we were in California and we isolated here.”
Premier Scott Moe previously confirmed that he knew about the trip beforehand.
When it came to the decision to later step down as minister of highways, Hargrave said he and the premier had several discussions.
“We came to a mutual decision that I should step down from my role as minister and I’m fine with that because I’ll still be working hard for my constituents in Prince Albert, and I’ll also work hard for the province.”
The news seems to be flying at us faster all the time. From COVID-19 updates to politics and crime and everything in between, it can be hard to keep up. With that in mind, the Saskatoon StarPhoenix has created an Afternoon Headlines newsletter that can be delivered daily to your inbox to help make sure you are up to date with the most vital news of the day. Click here to subscribe.