- Google’s newly launched tools provide demand trends to sector participants, be they a chain of hotels, a small travel startup, or a booking agent,
Travel Insights with Googlewill help better understand pent-up travel demand and leverage insights from these tools for businesses to position themselves for recovery.
- Based on user search data, the
Travel Insightswith Google tool can point to two kinds of time-specific trends, increasing confidence in decision making in this dynamic period.
- In addition, the website also hosts the Travel Analytics Center.
Travel Insights with Google. A website that provides demand trends to sector participants, be they a chain of hotels, a small travel startup, or a booking agent, Travel Insights with Google will help better understand pent-up travel demand and leverage insights from these tools for businesses to position themselves for recovery.
Based on user search data, the Travel Insights with Google tool can point to two kinds of time-specific trends, increasing confidence in decision making in this dynamic period. These are:
● Destination Insights – This tool will give a clear picture of the top sources of demand for a destination, and the destinations within countries that travellers are most interested in visiting – helping the industry map out a possible resumption of travel on specific routes and make choices about where to communicate with potential future travelers.
● Hotel Insights – Hotel Insights is designed to help properties of all sizes, especially small and independent hotels, understand where travel demand for their geography may be coming from, and get tools, advice and tips for making their businesses stand out online.
For instance, in the month of November, growth in search interest for domestic travel to cities such as Shirdi, Chandigarh, and Bagdogra was strong. In this same period, travellers in Maharashtra, Karnataka, Tamil Nadu, Delhi, and Gujarat top the searches for accommodation options. The tool also provides granular insights into travel demand for single geographies split by Air travel demand and demand for accommodation.
During the same period, the tool shows that the top demand for outbound travel from India by air came for Male, Bangkok and Dubai, while the top growing cities by search interest were Male, Genoa and Boston.
In addition, the website also hosts the Travel Analytics Center. Available to Google’s commercial partners in the travel sector, this will enable these organizations to combine their own Google account data with broader Google demand data and insights to give a clearer picture of how to manage their operations and find opportunities to reach potential visitors.
Commenting on the launch,
The launch of the website follows Google’s other digitization initiatives. In August this year, Google partnered with FICCI towards upskilling Travel MSMEs on digital, sharing insights on changing consumer trends, and providing a roadmap to help the travel and tourism sector digitize their business.
In addition to the Travel Insights tools, the website will also be a one-stop destination for other Google resources, including skills training courses through
Grow with Google,
Digital Garage and
Google for Small Business, and our tourism
Acceleration Programme with the UN World Tourism Organization.
Throughout 2020, Google has launched a range of new tools and features to support the global travel industry. Some of these include surfacing
travel advisories on
discounted rates available for first responders, and changing
hotel and airline cancellation policies.