Following passage of the Alaska Tourism Restoration Act, work with Alaska government officials, and recent guidance from the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Princess is announcing its intent to return to service in the US with a partial season of Alaska sailings from Seattle.
Departing July 25 through September 26, 2021, round-trip Seattle, seven-day cruises, onboard Majestic Princess, a MedallionClass ship, will be open for sale on May 21. These cruises will visit signature ports, glaciers and attractions in Alaska including:
• Glacier Bay National Park – this 3.3-million-acre world-renowned landmark — a UNESCO World Heritage site features the magnificent Margerie Glacier
• Juneau – the 49th state’s capital city, with the chance to see humpback whales and Mendenhall Glacier
• Skagway – this Gold Rush-era town is home of the White Pass Scenic Railway
• Ketchikan – this quaint seaside port is known for its infamous Creek Street and as the salmon capital of the world
Plans for these itineraries to fulfill our obligations under the Passenger Vessel Services Act (PVSA) are expected to be approved as are final instructions from CDC. Princess is continuing its return-to-cruising preparation already underway. Dining, entertainment and shore excursion details are currently being finalised and will be communicated in the coming weeks.
These Princess cruises to Alaska are available for guests who have received their final dose of an approved Covid-19 vaccine at least 14 days prior to the beginning of the cruise and have proof of vaccination. Crew vaccinations will be in accordance with CDC guidelines.
Princess MedallionClass Vacation
Majestic Princess offering TrulyTouchless experiences with more ways to support physical distancing and personalisation that simplifies the guest experience and delivers next-level service supporting new health protocols.
The cruise line’s award-winning OceanMedallion wearable device replaces the traditional cruise card and pairs with embedded IoT (“Internet of things”) -driven innovative technology to significantly expand touch-free options and personalization on board Majestic Princess, including:
• Touchless embarkation and disembarkation
• Keyless stateroom entry
• Completely contactless commerce
• Simplified safety training
• On-demand food, beverages and retail items delivered anywhere on board
• Guest service requests via mobile device chat
• Location-based gaming and wagering
• Entertainment content via smart devices
Majestic Princess offers the best wi-fi at sea, MedallionNet, so guests can stay connected to the things and people they love and share vacation memories with ease. – TradeArabia News Service